Re: Loaded footgun open_datasync on Windows

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Loaded footgun open_datasync on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 4:48 PM, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 06, 2018 at 09:58:34AM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
>> I think we need to explore a bit, if we want to remove that, for example
>> some of the frontend modules (like pg_receivewal, pg_recvlogical) call two
>> argument open which would require change.
>
> Yeah, sure.  I am not saying that this is straight-forward, but it may
> be worth the switch in the long term.  What I am sure about is that the
> proposed patch is simple, but that does not look like a correct
> approach to me as other tools may benefit from it.

Like this other unresolved problem:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/16922.1520722108%40sss.pgh.pa.us

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Loaded footgun open_datasync on Windows
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Why is fncollation in FunctionCallInfoData rather than fmgr_info?