Re: Getting "invalid cache ID: 42" in pg10.5

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Getting "invalid cache ID: 42" in pg10.5
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 9:16 PM <pcsuccess@sina.com> wrote:
> PostgreSQL version: 10.5
> Operating system:   CentOS release 6.9 (Final)
>

> Hi
>
> We're using 10.5 ,i get the error:
>  report=> select count(1) from monitor_trade_detail where mernum_maps is not null;
> ERROR:  invalid cache ID: 42
> CONTEXT:  parallel worker
>
> the table data count 606333
>
> report=> \dx
>                                              List of installed extensions
>     Name    | Version |   Schema   |                                    Descri
> ption
> ------------+---------+------------+------------------------------------------
>  jsquery    | 1.1     | report     | data type for jsonb inspection
>  oracle_fdw | 1.1     | report     | foreign data wrapper for Oracle access
>  plpgsql    | 1.0     | pg_catalog | PL/pgSQL procedural language
>  tds_fdw    | 1.0.8   | report     | Foreign data wrapper for querying a TDS d
> atabase (Sybase or Microsoft SQL Server)
> (4 rows)
>

> It's only happening occasionally (on a not very busy system).

Hello,

I believe that should be fixed in the next PostgreSQL release, which
will have this recent commit:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/E1g2ocj-0008VB-M9%40gemulon.postgresql.org

Assuming it's the same problem, it's also possible for the extension
author to fix it.  One workaround in the meantime is to disable
parallel query in any session that might have accessed an extension
that has the problem.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com