Re: PostgreSQL's handling of fsync() errors is unsafe and risks data loss at least on XFS

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: PostgreSQL's handling of fsync() errors is unsafe and risks data loss at least on XFS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 9:28 AM, Thomas Munro
<thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 2:00 AM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> I've tried xfs, jfs, ext3, ext4, even vfat. All behave the same on EIO.
>> Didn't try zfs-on-linux or other platforms yet.
>
> While contemplating what exactly it would do (not sure),

See manual for failmode=wait | continue | panic.  Even "continue"
returns EIO to all new write requests, so they apparently didn't
bother to supply an 'eat-my-data-but-tell-me-everything-is-fine' mode.
Figures.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com