Re: [HACKERS] Support for Secure Transport SSL library on macOS asOpenSSL alternative

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Support for Secure Transport SSL library on macOS asOpenSSL alternative
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Aug 20, 2017 at 8:10 AM, Thomas Munro
<thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 2:14 AM, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>> Attached is an updated set of patches, rebased on top of master, with bug fixes
>> and additional features missing in the first set.  While not complete (yet), in
>> case anyone is testing this I’d rather send a fresh batch rather than sitting
>> on them too long while I keep hacking at the docs.  While not every part of
>> this rather large changeset has been touched, this includes all the patches for
>> completeness sake.
>
> Hi,
>
> +#if defined(USE_OPENSSL) || defined(USE_SECURETRANSPORT)
>  #define USE_SSL
> +#if defined(USE_OPENSSL)
> +#define SSL_LIBRARY "OpenSSL"
> +#elif defined(USE_SECURETRANSPORT)
> +#define SSL_LIBRARY "Secure Transport"
> +#endif
>  #endif
>
> If you configure with neither --with-securetransport nor
> --with-openssl then SSL_LIBRARY finishes up undefined, and then guc.c
> doesn't compile:
>
> ccache gcc -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith
> -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels
> -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing
> -fwrapv -fexcess-precision=standard -g -O2 -I. -I.
> -I../../../../src/include  -D_GNU_SOURCE   -c -o guc.o guc.c
> guc.c:3309:3: error: ‘SSL_LIBRARY’ undeclared here (not in a function)
>    SSL_LIBRARY,
>    ^~~~~~~~~~~
>
> I guess it should have a fallback definition, though I don't know what
> it should be.

Or maybe the guc should only exist if SSL_LIBRARY is defined?  I mean
#if defined(SSL_LIBRARY) around this:

+       {
+               /* Can't be set in postgresql.conf */
+               {"ssl_library", PGC_INTERNAL, PRESET_OPTIONS,
+                       gettext_noop("Shows the SSL library used."),
+                       NULL,
+                       GUC_REPORT | GUC_NOT_IN_SAMPLE | GUC_DISALLOW_IN_FILE
+               &ssl_library_string,
+               SSL_LIBRARY,
+               NULL, NULL, NULL

--