Re: Streaming replication - slave server

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Streaming replication - slave server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 8:23 AM, Tony Nelson <tnelson@starpoint.com> wrote:
> I have a nicely working 3 server, 1 master, 2 slave setup.  All servers are running on Ubuntu 12.04.  I was
consideringbuilding a new slave server on 16.04.

> The master is currently running 9.1.13, the slave I'm going to replace is running 9.1.20.
>
> Does the new slave have to be running 9.1?  Or can use the latest, which appears to be 9.5 on 16.04?

For binary streaming replication, the major version has to match.  But
you aren't constrained to using the major version that ships with
Ubuntu: you could also use the community packages from here:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt

The packages work the same way and as far as I know the same people
are involved in maintaining them.

BTW  The latest 9.1.x is actually 9.1.21, and that major version
reaches EOL pretty soon:
http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/

--
Thomas Munro