Re: How to manually force a transaction wraparound

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: How to manually force a transaction wraparound
Дата
Re: How to manually force a transaction wraparound
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Apr 30, 2016 at 10:48 AM, Eric Ridge <eebbrr@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to force my database to wraparound, just to see what happens.  How
> can I do this without consuming a few billion transactions?

Take a look at the script repro-bogus-subtrans-error-wraparound.sh
from this email:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAEepm=3z0EoLpo5wTUwseM38kbq+Gjp8xXiuLJkUqpM-SW7kAw@mail.gmail.com

That used pg_resetxlog -x $XID $PGDATA, but needed to do several hops
stop/pg_resetxlog/start hops to get all the way around the xid clock.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com