Re: [sqlsmith] crashes in RestoreSnapshot on hot standby

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: [sqlsmith] crashes in RestoreSnapshot on hot standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
memoryat address 0x7f2701d5a110>) at snapmgr.c:2020

>         memcpy(snapshot->subxip, serialized_xids + serialized_snapshot->xcnt,
>                serialized_snapshot->subxcnt * sizeof(TransactionId));
> So this is choking here? Is one of those pointers NULL?

Theory 1:
If serialized_snapshot->xcnt == 0, then snapshot->xip never gets
initialized to a non-NULL value.  Then if serialized_snapshot->subxcnt
> 0, we set snapshot->subxip = snapshot->xip +
serialized_snapshot->xcnt (so that's NULL too).  Then in line the line
you show we call memcpy(snapshot->subxip, ...).  The fix might be
something like the attached.

Theory 2:
The DSM segment was deleted underneath us.  We can see that it was not
mapped by the time GDB dumped that (start_address is not accessible).

Theory 3:
Somehow the xcnt or xsubcnt was wrong or the serialized snapshot was
truncated, and we read past the end of the DSM, who knows...

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com

Вложения

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Is a UDF binary portable across different minor releases and PostgreSQL distributions?
От: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki"
Сообщение: Re: Is a UDF binary portable across different minor releases and PostgreSQL distributions?