Re: WSL (windows subsystem on linux) users will need to turn fsyncoff as of 11.2

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: WSL (windows subsystem on linux) users will need to turn fsyncoff as of 11.2
Дата
Re: WSL (windows subsystem on linux) users will need to turn fsyncoff as of 11.2  (James Sewell <james.sewell@jirotech.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 6:01 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> On 2019-02-18 10:33:50 -0500, Ravi Krishna wrote:
> > Are there any plans to support PG on WSL ?  Just curious.

Hi Ravi,

I definitely want to fix this particular issue for 11.3.

> I think if somebody wanted to start investing efforts to improve testing
> of that setup, and then fix the resulting issues, nobody would seriously
> object. But also most people working on PG are already busy.  Please
> feel free to create a buildfarm test machine with postgres running on
> WSL.

Right, the first step would be for a WSL user to figure out what's
wrong with builds on the WSL and show us how to fix it; I heard
through the grapevine that if you try it, initdb doesn't work (it must
be something pretty subtle in the configure phase or something like
that, since the Ubuntu .deb apparently works, except for the issue
reported in this thread).  Then, confirm that they're happy with
whatever patch we come up with.  Then if someone wants to make sure we
don't accidentally break it in future, yeah, a build farm animal would
help a lot.

Here's a starter patch that shows one of the approaches discussed.  It
gets WSL users to a better place than they were before, by suppressing
further warnings after the first one.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com