Re: [Patch] Checksums for SLRU files

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: [Patch] Checksums for SLRU files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 5:41 PM, Andrey Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
>> I think we'd want pg_upgrade tests showing an example of each SLRU
>> growing past one segment, and then being upgraded, and then being
>> accessed in various different pages and segment files, so that we can
>> see that we're able to shift the data to the right place successfully.
>> For example I think I'd want to see that a single aborted transaction
>> surrounded by many committed transactions shows up in the right place
>> after an upgrade.
>
> Can you elaborate a bit on how to implement this test. I've searched for some automated pg_upgrade tests but didn't
foundone.

> Should it be one-time test script or something "make check-world"-able?

Hi Andrey,

Like this (also reached by check-world):

$ cd src/bin/pg_upgrade
$ make check

It looks like the interesting bits are in test.sh.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: "Write amplification" is made worse by "getting tired" whileinserting into nbtree secondary indexes (Was: Why B-Tree suffix truncation matters)