Intermittent crashes on brolga in join.sql test

От Thomas Munro
Тема Intermittent crashes on brolga in join.sql test
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Andrew,

As mentioned over here, but probably lost in the noise of that thread:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAEepm%3D2r1svRUfeR1c9Z4UegkPdMw4gxyok4jCWf-h7kdqHHAA%40mail.gmail.com

... there is an intermittent crash in my new Parallel Hash code that
occurs only on your 32 bit Windows XP + Cygwin animal "brolga".
Unfortunately I haven't managed to come up with a theory to explain
this using only brain power and tea.

Would you mind trying to get a backtrace from that system?  Either
from a regular make check failure, or perhaps it can be provoked by
running the attached script?  I don't know anything about Cygwin
myself but I see that it's possible to get a core file that gdb can
load with "dumper":

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/320001/using-a-stackdump-from-cygwin-executable
https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/dumper.html

Thanks,