Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix inadequacies in recently added wait events

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix inadequacies in recently added wait events
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 7:39 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> Fix inadequacies in recently added wait events
>
> In commit 9915de6c1cb2, we introduced a new wait point for replication
> slots and incorrectly labelled it as wait event PG_WAIT_LOCK.  That's
> wrong, so invent an appropriate new wait event instead, and document it
> properly.
>
> While at it, fix numerous other problems in the vicinity:
> - two different walreceiver wait events were being mixed up in a single
>   wait event (which wasn't documented either); split it out so that they
>   can be distinguished, and document the new events properly.
>
> - ParallelBitmapPopulate was documented but didn't exist.
>
> - ParallelBitmapScan was not documented (I think this should be called
>   "ParallelBitmapScanInit" instead.)
>
> - Logical replication wait events weren't documented
>
> - various symbols had been added in dartboard order in various places.
>   Put them in alphabetical order instead, as was originally intended.

All of the above seem like good candidates for a checker script in
src/tools/check_XXX.pl, a bit like the others I've talked about
recently [1][2].

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAEepm=3da6aJYxiUk03pAKt1t7eGWAnn9CajC773Ct1rDPO-Hw@mail.gmail.com
[2] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAEepm=0B7yM9MZSviq1d-hnt4KoaRVeJvSfAyVfykNV-pVDqug@mail.gmail.com

--