Re: Optimize Arm64 crc32c implementation in Postgresql

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Optimize Arm64 crc32c implementation in Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 11:21 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
> Yep. I got the code before the main loop, to handle the first 1-7 unaligned
> bytes, wrong. Apparently those are the only tests that call the CRC function
> with very short and unaligned input.

BTW I did some googling just now and found out that some libraries use
a technique they call "CPU probing": just try it and see if you get
SIGILL.  Is that a bad idea for some reason?  Here is a quick hack --
anyone got an ARM system without crc that they could test it on?

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com

Вложения