Re: Cannot delete role because it depends on "default privileges"

От Durumdara
Тема Re: Cannot delete role because it depends on "default privileges"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dear Tom!

The DB_X dropped, so I can't choose it as "actual database".

I tried this in a neutral database:

    drop owned by role_x;

But nothing happened, the error is same.

As I read it have "CASCADE" mode, but I'm afraid to start it, because I don't know what will happen.

It is a really used server, so if I do something wrong, I will killed by my boss... :-(

To complicate the things my coll. renamed this role to "role_x_to_delete", and created a new role_x, and a new db_x database.

So if the PG uses "names" and not identifiers in the background, I will be in trouble...

Thanks

Durumdara <durumdara@gmail.com> writes:
> We have a ROLE_MAIN.
> This gave default privileges to all next objects in DB_X to ROLE_X.
> Somebody dropped DB_X, and later he tried to drop ROLE_X.
> But he got errors in PGAdmin.
> ERROR:  role "role_x" cannot be dropped because some objects depend on it
> DETAIL:  privileges for default privileges on new types belonging to role
> role_main

See DROP OWNED BY.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/role-removal.html

Сообщение: Re: Cannot delete role because it depends on "default privileges"
Сообщение: Re: Cannot delete role because it depends on "default privileges"