Surviving connections after internet problem

От Durumdara
Тема Surviving connections after internet problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello!

Linux server, 9.4 PG, Windows clients far-far away.

They called us that they had an "internet reset" at 13.00, but many client locks are alive now (14:00).
I checked server status, and and saw 16 connections.

In Windows PG server I read about keepalive parameters which are control and redefine default TCP keepalive values.

As I read it could be two hours in Windows, and it is a system default, so we can change for all applications.

I don't know what happens with Linux server and Windows clients.

May Linux version of PGSQL also uses 2 hour keepalive (default), or the it caused by Windows clients, or an active device?

Or how could they survive this internet connection reset? :-o

May we must limit these parameters in clients after the starting of the connection?

Thank you for your help!

    dd