Re: Can one Dump schema without index/constraints?

От Tory M Blue
Тема Re: Can one Dump schema without index/constraints?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 5:55 PM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 6:06 AM, Tory M Blue <tmblue@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm working with slon and the index portion for at least 3 of my tables take
> hours to complete and thus with this instance of slony being a wide area
> replica, sessions time out and slon fails to complete.
>
> So I'm looking at dumping the schema without index information, install that
> on the slon slave and replicate that way, once replication of the data is
> done, I can run commands to create the indexes.
>
> But I'm not 100% if there are tools or private scripts written to pull
> indexes from a schema only dump and then allow for an easy recreation of the
> indexes at the end of the slon replication process (once all sets are
> replicated)?
"pg_dump --section" can be used for that. pre-data includes table
definitions and everything other than post-data dumps. post-data has
contraint, trigger, index and rules.
--
Michael

Thanks Michael, that looks like the ticket!! Will give this a whirl

Thanks again
Tory

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Can one Dump schema without index/constraints?
От: Niels Kristian Schjødt
Сообщение: Optimal settings for RAID controller - optimized for writes