Re: PATCH: optimized DROP of multiple tables within a transaction

От Shigeru Hanada
Тема Re: PATCH: optimized DROP of multiple tables within a transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Tomas,

I reviewed v6 patch, and found that several places need fix.
Sorry for extra nitpickings.

* I found another extra space after asterisk.

+    RelFileNode * nodes;

* Curly bracket which starts code block should be at the head of next line.

+                /* extend the array if needed (double the size) */
+                if (maxrels <= nrels) {

* There are several trailing tabs in src/backend/catalog/storage.c.

* naming of DROP_RELATIONS_BSEARCH_LIMIT (or off-by-one bug?)
IIUC bsearch is used when # of relations to be dropped is *more* than
the value of DROP_RELATIONS_BSEARCH_LIMIT (10).  IMO this behavior is
not what the macro name implies; I thought that bsearch is used for 10
relations.  Besides, the word "LIMIT" is used as *upper limit* in
other macros.  How about MIN_DROP_REL[ATION]S_BSEARCH or
DROP_REL[ATION]S_LINEAR_SEARCH_LIMIT?
# using RELS instead of RELATIONS would be better to shorten the name

* +1 for Alvaro's suggestion about avoiding palloc traffic by starting
with 8 elements or so.

Regards,
--
Shigeru HANADA