Re: inherit support for foreign tables

От Shigeru Hanada
Тема Re: inherit support for foreign tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Fujita-san,

Sorry for leaving this thread for long time.

> (2014/06/23 18:35), Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> Selecting tableoid on parent causes an error, "ERROR:  cannot extract
>> system attribute from virtual tuple". The foreign table has an OID which
>> can be reported as tableoid for the rows coming from that foreign table.
>> Do we want to do that?
>

> No.  I think it's a bug.  I'll fix it.

IIUC, you mean that tableoid can't be retrieved when a foreign table
is accessed via parent table, but it sounds strange to me, because one
of main purposes of tableoid is determine actual source table in
appended results.

Am I missing the point?

--
Shigeru HANADA