Re: Request for Patch Feedback: Lag & Lead Window Functions Can Ignore Nulls

От Dean Rasheed
Тема Re: Request for Patch Feedback: Lag & Lead Window Functions Can Ignore Nulls
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1 July 2013 03:07, Nicholas White <n.j.white@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Alternatively, it might be trivial to make all aggregate functions work
>> with ignore nulls in a window context
>
> This is a good idea, but I'd like to keep the scope of this patch limited
> for the time being

Agreed.

> - I'll look at doing this (along with the first / last /
> nth value window functions) for a later release.

On the other hand, perhaps this is not worth doing for aggregates,
since in that case IGNORE NULLS is just a special case of FILTER
(WHERE ...). Making IGNORE NULLS work for the other window functions
is probably more useful, as you say, in a future patch.

Regards,
Dean