Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT UPDATE and RLS

От Dean Rasheed
Тема Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT UPDATE and RLS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 26 February 2015 at 09:50, Dean Rasheed <dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 26 February 2015 at 05:43, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
>> I wonder if there are some documentation updates which need to be done
>> for this also?  I'm planning to look as I vauguely recall mentioning the
>> ordering of operations somewhere along the way.

I couldn't find any mention of the timing of the check in the existing
documentation, although it does vaguely imply that the check is done
before inserting any new data. There is an existing paragraph
describing the timing of USING conditions, so I added a new paragraph
immediately after that to explain when CHECK expressions are enforced,
since that seemed like the best place for it.

>> I also addressed the bitrot from the column-priv leak patch.  Would be
>> great to have you take a look at the latest and let me know if you have
>> any further comments or suggestions.

I looked it over again, and I'm happy with these updates, except there
was a missing "break" in the switch statement in
ExecWithCheckOptions().

Here's an updated patch.

Regards,
Dean