Re: Kudos for Reviewers -- straw poll

От Dean Rasheed
Тема Re: Kudos for Reviewers -- straw poll
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 25 June 2013 18:17, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Hackers,
>
> I'd like to take a straw poll here on how we should acknowledge
> reviewers.  Please answer the below with your thoughts, either on-list
> or via private email.
>
> How should reviewers get credited in the release notes?
>
> a) not at all
> b) in a single block titled "Reviewers for this version" at the bottom.
> c) on the patch they reviewed, for each patch

b) Unless they contribute enough to the patch to be considered a co-author.

> Should there be a criteria for a "creditable" review?
>
> a) no, all reviews are worthwhile
> b) yes, they have to do more than "it compiles"
> c) yes, only code reviews should count

a) Sometimes even "it compiles" can be worthwhile, if there is doubt
over platform compatibility. All contributions should be acknowledged
and encouraged.

> Should reviewers for 9.4 get a "prize", such as a t-shirt, as a
> promotion to increase the number of non-submitter reviewers?
>
> a) yes
> b) no
> c) yes, but submitters and committers should get it too

b) Getting your name in the fine manual is reward enough ;-)

Regards,
Dean

Сообщение: Re: pluggable compression support
Сообщение: Re: pluggable compression support