Re: RLS fails to work with UPDATE ... WHERE CURRENT OF

От Dean Rasheed
Тема Re: RLS fails to work with UPDATE ... WHERE CURRENT OF
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 14 July 2015 at 13:59, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 5:47 PM, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
>> On 06/08/2015 02:08 AM, Dean Rasheed wrote:
>>> Actually I think it is fixable just by allowing the CURRENT OF
>>> expression to be pushed down into the subquery through the
>>> security barrier view. The planner is then guaranteed to generate a
>>> TID scan, filtering by any other RLS quals, which ought to be the
>>> optimal plan. Patch attached.
>>
>> This looks good to me. I have tested and don't find any issues with
>> it. Will commit in a day or so unless someone has objections.
>
> Is this fix needed in all versions that support security barrier
> views, or just in 9.5 and 9.6 that have RLS specifically?

It's only needed in 9.5 and later for tables with RLS, because WHERE
CURRENT OF isn't supported on views.

Regards,
Dean

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: ctidscan as an example of custom-scan (Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API)
Сообщение: Re: ctidscan as an example of custom-scan (Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API)