Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #7873: pg_restore --clean tries to drop tables that don't exist

От Dean Rasheed
Тема Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #7873: pg_restore --clean tries to drop tables that don't exist
Дата
Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #7873: pg_restore --clean tries to drop tables that don't exist
Список pgsql-hackers
On 7 December 2013 21:34, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Well I was basically proposing that does_not_exist_skipping() be
>> enhanced to report on non-existent types that form part of the object
>> specification. I think this would affect the CAST, FUNCTION, AGGREGATE
>> and OPERATOR cases, but should be a fairly trivial extension to the
>> code that you've already added.
>

> ok, updated patch is in attachment

Cool. This looks good to me, except I found a corner case --- the type
name for an operator may be "NONE", in which case the typeName in the
list will be NULL, so that needs to be guarded against. Updated patch
attached.

I think this is a good patch. It makes all the DROP...IF EXISTS
commands consistently fault-tolerant, instead of the current 50/50
mix, and all the resulting NOTICEs give useful information about why
objects don't exist and are being skipped.

I think this is now ready for committer.

Nice work!

Regards,
Dean

Вложения