Re: Make name optional in CREATE STATISTICS

От Dean Rasheed
Тема Re: Make name optional in CREATE STATISTICS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 21 Jul 2022 at 18:42, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> Thanks.  I was looking at the recently modified REINDEX syntax and
> noticed there another spot for taking an optional name.  I ended up
> reusing OptSchemaName for that, as in the attached patch.  I think
> adding production-specific additional productions is pointless and
> probably bloats the grammar.  So let me +1 your push of the patch you
> posted, just to keep things moving forward, but in addition I propose to
> later rename OptSchemaName to something more generic and use it in these
> three places.

OK, pushed.

Before writing opt_stats_name, I went looking for anything else I
could use, but didn't see anything. The difference between this and
the index case, is that statistics objects can be schema-qualified, so
it might be tricky to get something that'll work for all 3 places.

Regards,
Dean

Сообщение: Re: Transparent column encryption
Сообщение: Re: Transparent column encryption