Re: 9.3 Beta1 status report

От Dean Rasheed
Тема Re: 9.3 Beta1 status report
Дата
Re: 9.3 Beta1 status report  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 21 April 2013 06:02, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> I am not sure if Tom shared yet, but we are planning to package 9.3
> beta1 on April 29, with a release on May 2.  Those dates might change,
> but that is the current plan.  I have completed a draft 9.3 release
> notes, which you can view here:
>
>         http://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-9-3.html
>
> I will be working on polishing them for the next ten days, so any
> feedback, patches, or commits are welcome.  I still need to add lots of
> SGML markup.

E.1.3.4.4. VIEWs:

* Make simple views auto-updatable (Dean Rasheed)
 INSTEAD rules are still available for complex views.

I think this should refer to INSTEAD OF triggers for complex views,
since that is now the recommended way to implement updatable views.

I think it should also expand a little on what "simple" means in this
context, without going into all the gory details, and mention that
there is a behaviour change. So perhaps something like this for the
second paragraph:
       Simple views that select some or all columns from a single base table       are now updatable by default. More
complexviews can be made updatable       using INSTEAD OF triggers or INSTEAD rules.

Regards,
Dean