Re: factorial of negative numbers

От Dean Rasheed
Тема Re: factorial of negative numbers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 16 Jun 2020 at 12:18, Peter Eisentraut

> On 2020-06-16 11:49, Dean Rasheed wrote:
> > With [1], we could return 'Infinity', which would be more correct from
> > a mathematical point of view, and might be preferable to erroring-out
> > in some contexts.
>
> But the limit of the gamma function is either negative or positive
> infinity, depending on from what side you come, so we can't just return
> one of those two.

Hmm yeah, although that's only really the case if you define it in
terms of continuous real input values.

I think you're probably right though. Raising an out-of-range error
seems like the best option.

Regards,
Dean

Сообщение: Re: TAP tests and symlinks on Windows
Сообщение: Re: TAP tests and symlinks on Windows