Re: walprotocol.h vs frontends

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: walprotocol.h vs frontends
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 15 August 2011 12:22, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> The basic reason for this is that we're putting TimestampTz fields in
> the protocol. This also means that the protocol actually changes
> definition depending on if the server is compiled with integer or
> float timestamps.

Without commenting on what should be done in your specific case, I
wonder whether it's time to fully retire the deprecated double
representation of timestamps. Is anyone actually expected to rely on
their availability when 9.2 is released? This also caused difficulties
for Johann Oskarsson recently, during work on PL/Java.