Re: Uh, I change my mind about commit_delay + commit_siblings (sort of)

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Uh, I change my mind about commit_delay + commit_siblings (sort of)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 28 June 2012 19:55, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 2:18 PM, Peter Geoghegan <peter@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> You think it will confuse users less if we start telling them to use
>> something that we have a very long history of telling them not to use?
>
> I don't buy this line of reasoning at all.  If we're going to rename
> the GUC, it should be for accuracy, not PR value.  If we start
> renaming something every time we improve it, we're going to go nuts.
> We improved lots of things in 9.2; they didn't all get renamed.

That is a false equivalence, and you know it.

Who said anything about PR value? I'm concerned with not confusing users.

Сообщение: Re: Uh, I change my mind about commit_delay + commit_siblings (sort of)
Сообщение: Re: Uh, I change my mind about commit_delay + commit_siblings (sort of)