Re: Help me develop new commit_delay advice

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Help me develop new commit_delay advice
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1 August 2012 15:14, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila@huawei.com> wrote:
> I shall look into this aspect also(setting commit_delay based on raw sync).
> You also suggest if you want to run the test with different configuration.

Well, I was specifically interested in testing if half of raw sync
time was a widely useful setting, across a variety of different,
though representative I/O subsystems. Unfortunately, without some
context about raw sync speed to go along with your numbers, I cannot
advance or disprove that idea.

It would also have been nice to see a baseline number of 0 too, to get
an idea of how effective commit_delay may now be. However, that's
secondary.

--
Peter Geoghegan       http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/