Re: jsonb and comparison operators

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: jsonb and comparison operators
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 9:38 PM, Joe Van Dyk <joe@tanga.com> wrote:
> I want to return all rows that have a value of less than 10. I have
> arbitrary keys I want to check (not just 'a').

If you created an expression B-Tree index on 'a' it would work for
'a', but you'd have to use a jsonb literal, not a json/int4 literal.
If you want to be able to query every key at the top nesting level of
an object, such that all rows are returned with jsonbs that have
object values of which in each case one of them is, say, below 10,
then that's something that no existing opclass can support. But, why
should it be supported? That's a very fuzzy criteria to search on.

--
Regards,
Peter Geoghegan