Re: Document hashtext() and Friends?

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Document hashtext() and Friends?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 21 February 2012 20:30, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Peter Geoghegan <peter@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> My pg_stat_statements normalisation patch actually extends the
>> underlying hash_any() function to support 8 byte results,
>
> ... er, what?  That seems rather out of scope for that patch,
> not to mention unnecessary.

Well, assuming that you deem a uint64 query_id to be necessary, and
based on your earlier comments I take it that you do, that seemed like
the most natural way of going about getting such a value, particularly
since this change is anticipated by the comments above the function.

Of course, any further input you can give on that patch would be most
appreciated. I'm particularly eager to resolve the problems with core
infrastructure (such as that apparent bug with some Const locations),
so that we can at the very least be sure that the community won't have
to wait for the release of 9.3 at the earliest before having a
normalisation capability with stat_statements.