Re: pg_stat_statements temporary file

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: pg_stat_statements temporary file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 24 May 2012 11:43, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> In general, should a contrib module really store data in the global/
> directory? Seems pretty ugly to me...

I think the case could be made for moving pg_stat_statements into
core, as an optionally enabled view, like pg_stat_user_functions,
since pg_stat_statements is now rather a lot more useful than it used
to be. That would solve that problem, as well as putting
pg_stat_statements into the hands of the largest possible number of
people, which would be a positive development, in my humble and fairly
predictable opinion.

However, pg_stat_statements will not prevent the database from
starting if the file is corrupt. It makes some basic attempts to
detect that within pgss_shmem_startup(), and will simply log the
problem and unlink the file in the event of detecting corruption.
Otherwise, I suppose you might get garbage values in
pg_stat_statements, which, while rather annoying and possibly
unacceptable, is hardly the end of the world.