Re: Issues with german locale on CentOS 5,6,7

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Issues with german locale on CentOS 5,6,7
Дата
Re: Issues with german locale on CentOS 5,6,7
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 4:49 PM, Thomas Munro
<thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> I agree that that would be almost as bad as carrying on, because there
>> is no reason to think that the locale thing can easily be rolled back.
>> That was my point, in fact.
>
> I have contemplated a maintenance script that would track either the
> md5 checksums of the /usr/lib/locale/*/LC_COLLATE files or the version
> of installed locale packages and automatically reindex things when
> they change (I guess after restarting the cluster to clear any glibc
> caches that might be lurking in long running backends).  Or at least
> tell me that's needed.  Obviously completely OS-specific...

I think we should bite the bullet and adopt ICU, without abandoning
support for OS locales for users that really need it (certainly, many
will need it initially when using pg_upgrade to get on to the first
version that happens to have ICU support). I don't like suggesting a
solution that I myself am unlikely to find the time to work on, but in
the long run that's the only sensible approach IMV.

--
Regards,
Peter Geoghegan

Сообщение: Re: postgres standby won't start
Сообщение: Re: postgres standby won't start