Re: enhanced error fields

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: enhanced error fields
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 28 December 2012 14:00, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> There are some additional concerns regarding the patch itself that I
> have (do we really want to modify ereport() in this way?  How can we
> implement something which scales better than just adding more and more
> parameters?) but I think we need to figure out exactly what we're agreed
> to be doing with this patch and get buy-in from everyone first.

I don't think that the need to scale beyond what we have in my
revision really exists. Some of the ereport sites are a bit unwieldy,
but I don't see that there is much that can be done about that - you
need to specify the information somewhere, and it makes sense to do it
at that point. The field names are frequently expanded in the error
message presented to the user anyway.

--
Peter Geoghegan       http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/