Re: ambiguous local variable name in 9.0 proc

От Samuel Gendler
Тема Re: ambiguous local variable name in 9.0 proc
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 4:49 PM, David Johnston <polobo@yahoo.com> wrote:

Not tested but I think all local variables are implicitly scoped to the function name so you should be able to do the following:

WHERE reporting_mgmt.aggregate_timescales_impl.tbl_schema = e.tbl_schema

Yep.  It is also possible to change the db behaviour globally or on a per-function basis

"To change this behavior on a system-wide basis, set the configuration parameter plpgsql.variable_conflict to one of erroruse_variable, or use_column(where error is the factory default)."

You can also set the behavior on a function-by-function basis, by inserting one of these special commands at the start of the function text:

#variable_conflict error
#variable_conflict use_variable
#variable_conflict use_column

Sorry for jumping straight a mailing list query.  It was actually relatively easy to find in the docs.  Now to figure out if the function name scoping trick works in 8.4 so that I can modify my procs prior to upgrading my db.

--sam

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: ambiguous local variable name in 9.0 proc
Сообщение: Re: ambiguous local variable name in 9.0 proc