Re: How different is AWS-RDS postgres?

От Sam Gendler
Тема Re: How different is AWS-RDS postgres?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The same JDBC connection that is resulting in lost data?  Sounds to me like you aren't connecting to the DB you think you are connecting to.

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 2:01 PM Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com> wrote:
On 5/27/21 7:45 AM, Philip Semanchuk wrote:
On May 26, 2021, at 10:04 PM, Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com> wrote:

On May 26, 2021, at 4:37 PM, Ian Harding <harding.ian@gmail.com> wrote:

There is an option to send the logs to cloudwatch which makes it less awful to look at them.
I have that but precious little of interest there. Lots of autovac, a smattering of hints to increase wal size!?  I have yet to spot anything which corresponds to the “I/O failure” which the middle ware gets.

I don’t have query logging on, but I do see reports from my psql session fat-fingering.

As to the logs UI, the search is pretty feeble; I don’t understand why there are four  channels of logs; the graphs are wearing the same rose-coloured as the logs.
And 24 hours without a peep from AWS support. (I don’t call mailing me what I sent them “contact”.)

My guess right now is that the entire tomcat connection pool is in a single transaction? That’s the only way the tables could disappear.  I am making separate calls to JDBC getConnection () for each doPost.
We used Aurora (AWS hosted Postgres) and I agree that Cloudwatch search is pretty limited. I wrote a Python script to download cloudwatch logs to my laptop where I can use proper tools like grep to search them. It’s attached to this email. It’s hacky but not too terrible. I hope you find it useful.

Cheers
Philip

I may have found another difference: JDBC connections are not logged?!
I just reproduce my report, and the CloudWatch view of the logs shows some psql interaction from before and after the test, but no mention of losing 7.5M records.

Сообщение: Re: How different is AWS-RDS postgres?
Сообщение: Re: How different is AWS-RDS postgres?