Re: sum of numeric column

От avi Singh
Тема Re: sum of numeric column
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Adrian for pointing me in the right direction, i got it working

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 5:32 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 12/9/20 5:04 PM, avi Singh wrote:
> Thanks for your reply Adrian
>

> What do you want to do with the array?
> i want to do a sum of the values of numeric array type column e.g. below
> data_numeric
> --------------
>   {2.0}
>   {1.0}

If you are going to have a single element arrays only then why not just
use a numeric field?

To answer question:

select sum(data_numeric[1]) from some_table;

If you are going to have multi-element arrays then there are more questions:

1) Do you want sum horizontal in array?

2) If 1) then also vertical in column?

3) Do you want sum in 'columns' of arrays?

4) If 3) then what about missing data?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com