Re: does pg_dump get delayed if I have a loop that does continuous insertions

I was trying to achieve smallest file possible so tried the xz. Right now the db size returned from SELECT pg_size_pretty(pg_database_size('postgres') is 1.4 GB and the size of the dump with xz is 2.2 GB.

Is there a limit to the size of the database that pg_dump will run on? Will it work when db is in TBs?

Also, I want to know if anyone has found any handy cron scripts for automated backups to run on a daily/weekly basis? i found some on google, but interested to know if there are better ones.

Thanks,
ap