Re: New regression test time

От Robins Tharakan
Тема Re: New regression test time
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 30 June 2013 02:33, Amit kapila <amit.kapila@huawei.com> wrote:

On Sunday, June 30, 2013 11:37 AM Fabien COELHO wrote:
>> If we had a different set of tests, that would be a valid argument.  But
>> we don't, so it's not.  And nobody has offered to write a feature to
>> split our tests either.

>I have done a POC. See:

> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=1170

I think it is better to submit for next commit fest which is at below link:

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=19

Hi,

- There is a certain value in having separate tests, just that for the big-tests to be any meaningful, if the buildfarm could run on a periodic (daily?) basis and send some kind of automated bug-reports. Without an automatic feedback, most may not inclined to run all tests before submitting a patch and there'd be a big pile up near a release.

- For now, the new tests that I submit for review (for next CF) would be for 'make check', until a 'make bigcheck' or whatever is up and running.

--
Robins Tharakan

Сообщение: Re: review: Non-recursive processing of AND/OR lists
Сообщение: Re: review: Non-recursive processing of AND/OR lists