Re: [HACKERS] Allow pg_dumpall to work without pg_authid

От Robins Tharakan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Allow pg_dumpall to work without pg_authid
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 26 February 2017 at 21:37, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

How's that not a bug?  I mean, it's reasonable for someone to want to
restrict the superuser in a cloud environment, but if they restrict it
so much that you can't take a backup with standard tools, I'd say they
should also patch the tools, though maybe a better idea would be to
restrict the superuser a bit less.
They 'should', and I completely agree; but that isn't the reality today.
​Thus the patch.

Now it's understandable for the community to say 'not my problem' but
I'd say that depends on what it considers 'my problem'. If half the people
manage their installations on a cloud solution, it unwillingly becomes one.

Unrelated, it still does allow a non-superuser to take a dump sans the
password, which doesn't seem like a bad idea, since the patch
doesn't do anything more than dump from pg_roles, which is anyways
available to non-superusers.

I await if more object similarly.
-
robins

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Enabling parallelism for queries coming from SQL orother PL functions
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Enabling parallelism for queries coming from SQL orother PL functions