Oracle to Postgres - Transform Hash Partition

От David Barbour
Тема Oracle to Postgres - Transform Hash Partition
Дата
Re: Oracle to Postgres - Transform Hash Partition
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

New to this list and to Postgres.  Been an Oracle DBA for quite a while and we're moving from Oracle to Postgres.

I have a table that I need to transform into a hash partitioned table.  I've gone through all the steps to create a hash partitioned table, with 8 partitions such as

create table idev.assessment_result_2023_dab_part (like idev.assessment_result_2023_dab)partition by hash (district_oid);

CREATE TABLE idev.assessment_result_2023_dab_part_assessment_result_2023_p1 PARTITION OF idev.assessment_result_2023_dab_part
    FOR VALUES WITH (modulus 64, remainder 0)

....etc through partition 2023_p8 FOR VALUES WITH (modulus 64, remainder 7)

Now I need to 'attach' the original table.  The problem I'm running into is there are no good examples of how to define the values.

I've tried several iterations of various 'for values', 'values', 'for values with', etc. but they all error out.

Here's an example:
 alter table idev.assessment_result_2023_dab_part
attach partition idev.assessment_result_2023_dab for values with(modulus 8, remainder 1) to (modulus 8, remainder 7)

ERROR: syntax error at or near "to" LINE 2: ..._2023_dab for values with(modulus 8, remainder 1) to (modulu...

Any assistance would be appreciated.
--

David A. Barbour

dbarbour@istation.com

(214) 292-4096

Istation

8150 North Central Expressway, Suite 2000

Dallas, TX 75206

www.Istation.com

CONFIDENTIALITY / PROPRIETARY NOTICE:

The information contained in this e-mail, including any attachment(s), is confidential information that may be privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or if you received this message in error, then any direct or indirect disclosure, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify Istation by calling 866-883-7323 immediately and by sending a return e-mail; delete this message; and destroy all copies, including attachments.

Thank you.