Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] Temporal Postgres

От Steven Chang
Тема Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] Temporal Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Thank you, Christoph.

Best Regards,
Steven

Re: Steven Chang 2017-02-21 <CAEJt7k348S6FvBJCc-vJjz1tkgCXog2Bm-1ZnkU3iMGan2V-KA@mail.gmail.com>
> Hello,
>
>      Do we package modules developed in  pgxn network, for example,
> temporal ?

Several of the extension modules shipped in Debian are also available
via pgxn, but usually we are downloading the tarballs directly from
where upstream put them (e.g. github).

>      http://www.pgxn.org/
>
>      I made some effort on search& study & try to install temporal.
>      1. install gcc and make

"apt-get install build-essential" is what you usually want here.

>      2. install  pgxnclient

pgxnclient is available as .deb, fwiw.

>      3. issue command , "pgxn install temporal"
>      4. create extension.

There's a WIP branch of postgresql-common that eases packaging of
PGXS-based modules (as in
/usr/lib/postgresql/9.6/lib/pgxs/src/makefiles/pgxs.mk).

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-postgresql/postgresql-common.git/commit/?h=dh-make-pgxs

It doesn't interface with pgxn yet, but that shouldn't be hard to add.

Christoph