difference between checkpoint_segments and wal_keep_segments inpostgres configuration file

От Raghavendra Rao J S V
Тема difference between checkpoint_segments and wal_keep_segments inpostgres configuration file
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am not clear the difference between  checkpoint_segments and wal_keep_segments .

I would like to now below things. Please explain.Thanks in advance.

  • Difference  between checkpoint_segments and wal_keep_segments value
  • Role  of  checkpoint_segments and wal_keep_segments
  • Which one should has higher value.
--
Regards,
Raghavendra Rao J S V