Re: The keyword in the procedure's error message is "function", which should be "procedure"

От Junwang Zhao
Тема Re: The keyword in the procedure's error message is "function", which should be "procedure"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
hi qtds_123,

After some discussion with the hacker lists, this should not be considered a bug.

quote from tom lane's comments:

More generally: there are probably dozens, if not hundreds, of
messages in the backend that say "function" but nowadays might
also be talking about a procedure.  I'm not sure there's value
in improving just one of them.

I am pretty sure that we made an explicit decision some time back
that it is okay to say "function" when the object could also be
an aggregate or window function.  So you could at least cut this
back to just handling "procedure" and "function".  Or you could
change it to "routine" as Julien suggests, but I think a lot of
people will not think that's an improvement.

see thread [1] for more information.