Re: jsonb on-disk size calculation

От Junwang Zhao
Тема Re: jsonb on-disk size calculation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
convertJsonbObject convert JsonValue to Jsonb.

Jsonb->vl_len_ is 4 byte
JsonbContainer->header is 4 bytes
JsonbContainer->children is an array of two elements, that's 8 bytes
following the k/v part, 20 bytes

In total 36 bytes.

When Jsonb is stored to disk, I guess some conversion reduces the
vl_len_ to 1 byte, hence total 33 bytes,
but I cannot find the conversion logic.

On Mon, Jul 31, 2023 at 7:10 PM jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi.
>
> drop table x;
> create table x(js jsonb);
> insert into x select '{"Hello world":1}'::jsonb;
> select pg_column_size(js) from x; -- return 33.
>
> based on src/include/utils/jsonb.h
> The key and value part is 20 bytes (is it correct?), Jsonb->vl_len_  is 4 byte, JsonbContainer->header is 4 bytes.
That's28 bytes.

--
Regards
Junwang Zhao