Re: Two pg_rewind patches (auto generate recovery conf and ensureclean shutdown)

От Paul Guo
Тема Re: Two pg_rewind patches (auto generate recovery conf and ensureclean shutdown)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Yes, -R is already used in pg_basebackup for the same functionality, so
it seems natural to use it here as well for consistency.

I will review options naming in my own patch and update it accordingly.
Maybe -w/-W or -a/-A options will be good, since it's about WALs
retrieval from archive.

Thanks

Regards
--
Alexey

P.S. Just noticed that in v12 fullname of -R option in pg_basebackup is
still --write-recovery-conf, which is good for a backward compatibility,
but looks a little bit awkward, since recovery.conf doesn't exist
already, doesn't it? However, one may read it as
'write-recovery-configuration', then it seems fine.

Yes, here is the description
"--write-recovery-conf      write configuration for replication"
So we do not mention that is the file recovery.conf. People do not know
about the recovery.conf history might really not be confused since
postgresql has various configuration files.