Re: Asynchronous streaming replication in postgresql

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Asynchronous streaming replication in postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-cluster-hackers

Le 12 mars 2015 06:57, "Deole, Pushkar (Pushkar)" <pdeole@avaya.com> a écrit :

> Hi,
>

> I am new to postgreSql and evaluating the streaming replication for my use case. My use case is:
>

> 1.       Need to replicate data from primary database (master) to secondary database (slave) asynchronously.
>
> 2.       If master goes down, the slave should automatically be promoted to master.
>
> 3.       Later, when the original primary server (original master) is brought up again, it should obtain back its master role and the new master should assume the slave again as it was with original setup.
>

> For #1, the streaming replication of postgresql is good enough.
>
> For #2, we need to create the trigger file in slave. This can be done manually. How can we do this automatically?
>
> For #3, this seems to be quite complicated. Is this possible using streaming replication and if yes then how can this be achieved?

This is doable with pacemaker or something alike. Wether this is a smart move or not is definitely arguable :-) I know for sure that I don't want that kind of automatic actions on my servers.

BTW, this isn't the list you should use for that kind of questions. Pgsql - general would be better.

В списке pgsql-cluster-hackers по дате отправления: