Re: CLUSTER, VACUUM, and TABLESPACEs (oh my)

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: CLUSTER, VACUUM, and TABLESPACEs (oh my)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Le lun. 25 janv. 2021 à 02:54, Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> a écrit :
On 1/24/21 7:50 PM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
Hi,

Le lun. 25 janv. 2021 à 01:38, Demitri Muna <postgresql@demitri.com> a écrit :
[snip]

* If I have previously run a CLUSTER command on a table, will future VACUUM FULL commands rewrite the table in the order specified in the previous CLUSTER?

No, you still need CLUSTER.

VACUUM FULL unclusters the table??

It will rebuild the table without sorting the data according to the index used with CLUSTER (without any sorting actually).

Сообщение: Re: CLUSTER, VACUUM, and TABLESPACEs (oh my)
Сообщение: Re: CLUSTER, VACUUM, and TABLESPACEs (oh my)