Re: One way replication in PostgreSQL

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: One way replication in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Le mar. 4 juin 2019 à 09:03, PALAYRET Jacques <jacques.palayret@meteo.fr> a écrit :
Hello,

Thanks a lot for the suggested solutions.

So, I can use WAL-shipping replication from Primary to the Secundary server, but it's only for full replication.

Yes.

Let's call " P " the provider/primary/master  and " S " the subscriber/secundary/slave one.
For partial replication (not all the tables), the solutions should use a third (intermediate / middle) server which could have both ways flow with the server P but only one way flow towards the server S.
For example, a logical replication (pglogical or logical Postgresql replication) between server P and the middle server and then a WAL-shipping replication between middle server and server S.
Is that right ?

That could work.

About the " FDW " solution in " an external server " (a middle one), is it possible to integrate the FDW in the P server to avoid the " external server " ?

Not sure I understand where you're going here.

=> What about the trigger-based replication systems like Slony or Londiste ; is it really necessary to have a connection or flow from the server S towards the server P ?

As far as I remember, with Slony, P must be able to connect to S, and S must be able to connect to P.

--
Guillaume.
Dalibo.

Сообщение: Re: One way replication in PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: One way replication in PostgreSQL