Re: Maximum number of WAL files in the pg_xlog directory

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Maximum number of WAL files in the pg_xlog directory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/15/2014 01:25 PM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Monitoring is another matter, and I don't really think a monitoring
> solution should count the WAL files. What actually really matters is the
> database availability, and that is covered with having enough disk space in
> the WALs partition.

If we don't count the WAL files, though, that eliminates the best way to
detecting when archiving is failing.

WAL files don't give you this directly. You may think it's an issue to get a lot of WAL files, but it can just be a spike of changes. Counting .ready files makes more sense when you're trying to see if wal archiving is failing. And now, using pg_stat_archiver is the way to go (thanks Gabriele :) ).

Сообщение: Re: Maximum number of WAL files in the pg_xlog directory
Сообщение: Re: Maximum number of WAL files in the pg_xlog directory