Probable memory leak with ECPG and AIX

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Probable memory leak with ECPG and AIX
Дата
Re: Probable memory leak with ECPG and AIX  (Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

Our customer thinks he has found a memory leak on ECPG and AIX.

The code is quite simple. It declares a cursor, opens it, and fetches the only line available in the table many times. After some time, the client crashes with a segfault error. According to him, it consumed around 256MB. What's weird is that it works great on Linux, but crashed on AIX. One coworker thought it could be the compiler. Our customer used cc, but he also tried with gcc, and got the same error.

The test case is attached (testcase.pgc is the ECPG code, testcase.sh is what our customer used to precompile and compile his code). Do you have any idea why that happens on AIX?

Two queries to create the table and populate it with a single record:

CREATE TABLE foo(
   key integer PRIMARY KEY,
   value character varying(20)
);
INSERT INTO foo values (1, 'one');

Thanks.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.
Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Non-superuser subscription owners
Сообщение: Re: Non-superuser subscription owners